Who We Are
At Freepoint, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent.
Freepoint’s unmistakable dedication to its employees starts at the top and is echoed throughout the organization. Competitive compensation plans, company-paid benefits, training and development programs, and a collegial environment are just a few ways that Freepoint shows its commitment to its employees.
Ask any member of the team about our company culture, and the response is a common refrain: Entrepreneurial. Collaborative. Creative.
From Our Employees
Freepoint is the employer of choice for anyone that wants to work hard and bet on themselves. No other place that I know of gives people the same ability to break into new or different markets and build a business from the ground up.
Managing Director, Trader; Stamford, CT
The three words that best represent
Freepoint are nimble, customer-oriented,
Dir., Assistant Treasurer; Stamford, CT
Freepoint is a great place to build a professional
career where contributions are recognized and
work and life are balanced.
Senior Credit Analyst; Singapore
Teams at Freepoint are appropriately staffed,
which allow employees the chance to do
interesting work in an efficient way.
SVP, Legal Counsel; London, England
In my experience at Freepoint, I have found that leadership and employees are aligned. We are given the incentives and the freedom to achieve the goals we’ve set.
SVP, Trader; Excelsior, MN
Freepoint’s culture is open and inclusive.
When there is an issue everyone chips in
to help resolve the problem.
Human Resources Manager; London, England
At Freepoint I am surrounded by very smart
people who work hard, have fun, and enjoy
Natural Gas Analyst; Stamford, CT
Join Our Team
We know that it takes special talents to work in the commodities business and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to succeed.
If the Freepoint Commodities culture interests you, apply to one of our open positions below, or submit a General Application.
Stamford, CT - USA
If you don't see any suitable openings, please consider submitting a general application so that we can review your information for future positions that become available.
Internship General Application: 2019
Singapore - Singapore
- Perform ship tracking of cargo shipments
- Collect & pre-analyze daily data, including
tracking of cargoes to Singapore
- Support preparation of analytics
- Perform paper and physical deal entry
- Assist in account opening of new clients
- Any other work assignment as allocated
- Candidate should be in 3rd year of
- High level of proficiency in excel preferred
(Pivot, formula, VBA)
- Possesses analytical and quantitative skills, a
motivated and responsible team player with an eye for details.
interpersonal and communication skills
Internship General Application: Summer 2020
Stamford or Houston - USA
Join Freepoint's Stamford or Houston office to gain invaluable skills and experience during your summer break.
Undergraduate and Graduate positions are available.
Social Media Marketing Intern
Stamford, CT - USA
Freepoint Commodities’ new accelerator program, PointForward, is seeking a social media marketing intern. The intern will be responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy that will help PointForward attract high quality potential participants.
Specific duties include:
- Developing new social media campaigns from the ground up
- Implementing campaigns across key social media channels
- Writing, reviewing and editing content submissions
- Monitoring engagement analytics
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field
- In depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Copy writing and copy editing experience preferred
- Availability to be on-site in Stamford, CT office 1 to 2 times per week
Accounting Intern - Fall 2019
Stamford, CT - USA
Freepoint is seeking a part time accounting intern for the fall semester. Students working towards a degree in accounting are encouraged to apply.