Who We Are
At Freepoint, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent.
Freepoint’s unmistakable dedication to its employees starts at the top and is echoed throughout the organization. Competitive compensation plans, company-paid benefits, training and development programs, and a collegial environment are just a few ways that Freepoint shows its commitment to its employees.
Ask any member of the team about our company culture, and the response is a common refrain: Entrepreneurial. Collaborative. Creative.
From Our Employees
Freepoint is the employer of choice for anyone that wants to work hard and bet on themselves. No other place that I know of gives people the same ability to break into new or different markets and build a business from the ground up.
Managing Director, Trader; Stamford, CT
The three words that best represent
Freepoint are nimble, customer-oriented,
Dir., Assistant Treasurer; Stamford, CT
Teams at Freepoint are appropriately staffed,
which allow employees the chance to do
interesting work in an efficient way.
SVP, Legal Counsel; London, England
In my experience at Freepoint, I have found that leadership and employees are aligned. We are given the incentives and the freedom to achieve the goals we’ve set.
SVP, Trader; Excelsior, MN
Freepoint’s culture is open and inclusive.
When there is an issue everyone chips in
to help resolve the problem.
Human Resources Manager; London, England
At Freepoint I am surrounded by very smart
people who work hard, have fun, and enjoy
Natural Gas Analyst; Stamford, CT
Join Our Team
We know that it takes special talents to work in the commodities business and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to succeed.
If the Freepoint Commodities culture interests you, apply to one of our open positions below, or submit a General Application.
Stamford, CT - USA
If you don't see any suitable openings, please consider submitting a general application so that we can review your information for future positions that become available.
Stamford, CT - USA
- Work with the Head of Human Resources on recruiting, personnel management, new hire onboarding, employee relations, benefits and more
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits to
design programs that best meet the needs of employees and the company
- Interview, screen and recruit applicants to
fill intern, entry-level, and professional job openings in the US
- Manage HRIS data analytics to support global
HR programming and compliance
- Design creative communications and marketing
to update employees on HR offerings
- Organize and facilitate company training and
development sessions for domestic offices
- Respond to ad hoc employee inquiries and
provide tactical HR support daily
- Serve as the in-house resource for employee
and dependent questions on benefit plans and wellness offerings
- Manage the Summer Internship program including
university outreach, candidate assessment, summer programming, and evaluation
- Ensure company compliance with state and
federal employment laws and regulation
- Maintain knowledge of best practices,
regulatory changes and new technologies in all areas of HR
- Liaise with HR Managers in Europe and Asia to coordinate global programs and share best practice
- Lend a fresh eye to current processes with a
focus on progressive programs and developing efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in HR or O/I preferred
- A minimum 5 years of HR experience; PHR or
SHRM-CP certification is great
- Comfort working independently in a fast paced environment
with room to creatively address tasks and solve problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills are a
must; Excel and ADP WorkforceNow proficiency preferred
- Ability to build strong working relationships,
internal and external to the organization
- An inherent joy and satisfaction in providing
superior support to all employees
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, TX - USA
include, but are not limited to:
- Approving transactions within a local authority,
consulting with leadership as necessary.
- Helping to design data collection requirements
necessary for examining the portfolio, and ensuring the ongoing integrity
of the data.
- Performing searches of publicly available data for
information pertinent to proposed customers and counterparties.
- Exploring different information sources for possible
application to evaluating creditworthiness.
- Building a network across the industry to gather new
ideas on counterparty evaluation, data sources, and evolving
- Communicating with the sales staff to take full
ownership of the credit function, including process design and
- Problem solving in a fast paced, transactional
- 3-5 years previous experience in a credit function
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred focus in finance,
accounting, or similar quantitative field of study
- Above average proficiency with Excel and a penchant for
numbers and data
- Retail energy industry experience desirable, but not
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A strategic thinker and tactical executioner wrapped up